Sunday, September 25, 2005

Travels with Nicholas Part 7

Date: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 07:44:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: NicholasBowen@yahoo.com
To: Friends & Family
Subject: Travels with Nicholas - Part 7

Please don't think ill will of me for being so wishy washy, but I'm on the road again, this time back in my trusty GMC motorhome. Yeah, I got it back. Never made it out of town in the new coach I traded for. As a matter of fact I never even made it off of the lot. Don't get me wrong, it ran like a top. Did 80 on the freeway without going into overdrive. Nope, it was the paint job. They told me it was painted some sort of antique brown. Didn't mind the brown but it didn't match my blue eyes. When I asked if I could have it repainted blue, they gave me a bucket and a mop. It just started dawning on me about then, that maybe, just maybe, I was being hoodwinked. At that point I seamlessly melted into a negotiating frame of mind. I went from negotiatee to negotiator. A time honored skill that I have artfully crafted with cunning and masterful persuasion. I deftly turned my charm on and soon had him eating out of my hands. Well actually that would be drinking, as I had to buy him a cup of coffee because he wouldn't take his kiss back. And oh yeah.....I had to shine his shoes. In short order though, I had my old GMC motorhome back. See, what did I tell you? The art of cunning begging and persuasive pleading. Must run in the jeans. Oh, and by the way, never trust a car lot that says "Big Al's" "We guarantee your car gets off the lot or we will help push it off!" Gosh I suppose one should read the fine print before doing business with one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home