Sunday, September 25, 2005

Travels with Nicholas Part 6

Date: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 08:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: NicholasBowen@yahoo.com
To: Friends & Family
Subject: Travels with Nicholas - Part 6


I know, I know. Just when you thought you were going to hear the last from me, you get another e-mail. I save these up you know, sometimes for days because I don't always get internet service to send them out. I know, you are secretly wishing I never got Internet service. Have to hear about my woes and all.

Well as you know by now my motorhome has not been running too well. Just had another malfunction. This time with the transmission. Wouldn't shift out of first. Thanks to my good buddy Jim 'Can of Tomatoes', he walked me through a solution, all over the phone. Jim is a top notch mechanic. I could kiss him. Well I could have. See I was so elated that we got my problem fixed I was blubbering like a baby.... I was so happy. I could tell was happy too. He told me just call him anytime I have a problem, just don't call him for phone sex. Suddenly my elation turned to deflation. You see, I am into one stop shopping when it comes to my mechanic. This totally sheds a new light on our relationship. I may not use him again as I have another mechanic (no where as good as Jim though) but who includes phone sex in his list of duties. You know...the standard fare......engine rebuilds, tune ups, phone sex, brake jobs, transmission repair. Ah such are the trials and tribulations in life.

Following this debacle, and even though I got this last problem fixed, I have to admit I was pretty fed up with my motorhome. A love affair gone awry. Anyway, I was travelling through this small town, and spied a motorhome that I immediately fell in love with. It is Some Other Brand. I stopped and pretended that I was interested in some other not as nice motorhome and slyly let the salesman lead me to the one I really was interested in. Boy was I savoire faire. I think that means 'really smooth' in Greek or Tagonese. Anyway by the time I was done with that salesman, I managed to trade my motorhome straight across. Didn't have to pay a dime extra. I even got my kiss with it (the one I couldn't get from Jim). Anyway, I am back on the road. And loving life. I have attached a picture of my new baby. Thought you might enjoy. And to all of my GMC motorhome club buddies, please don't hate me. Please still love me. I love you. See you at the Lodi rally!

Nicholas, the traveler.

P.S. Yes there is a God. These e-mails will end soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home